- To log in to an article, ebook, or other online resources, use your Open Polytechnic email address and password. If you are a Te Rito Maioha student, use your Te Rito Maioha login
- To log in to borrow a print book see Membership & Borrowing
Check out our Intro to Searching the Library video and the summary below.
This searches the library collection + all our research databases.
You will find articles (journal/magazine/news), books, reports, theses, and more.
- Check the Search Everythingtab is selected in the search box above
- Enter your search terms:
e.g. for info on the effects of stress on health, enter the terms: stress health
- Use the left hand filters to refine your results, e.g. publication date, source type
Finding print or ebooks
The Catalogue option narrows your search to mainly ebooks/books.
- Select the Catalogue tab in the search box above
- Enter your search words
Don't hesitate to
contact us if you need any support finding what you need.
Searching Course Readings links you to resources selected by your course tutor that will help you with your course work and assessments.
For some courses, your search results will also include past exam papers.
- Select the Course Readings tab using the search box above
- Enter your course code. e.g. FLO301
- View items
You have an Advanced Search option above (see the link under the search box). This gives you a range of ways to refine and target your search.
There are a number of tips and techniques it is useful to know about to make the most of advanced searching.
We recommend you watch our 5 min Advanced Searching video below which gives you some great pointers, including tips and techniques to try.
And don't hesitate to
get in touch if you need any support with locating the resources you need.