Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
How do I find an ebook?
- click on Catalogue above the library search box
- enter your keywords
- scroll the results to look for ebooks
(you can also limit the results to 'ebooks' only. Click Modify Search and select 'ebooks' under Material Type).
- Many ebooks are able to be viewed straight away or within 30 minutes or less
Ebooks have lots of handy tools to help you make the most of the content. Go to How do I use an ebook?
How do I use an ebook?
- From the Library Catalogue, click Read Online or Click to view ebook.
- Login with your Open Polytechnic or Te Rito Maioha username and password.
- Click Read online within the ebook platform (you don’t need to download the ebook, unless you want to access it offline. Read online is generally the best option).
What if an ebook is unavailable?
- Not every ebook is multi-user access. If an ebook is currently unavailable, it will often become available quickly. Check back in 30 minutes or so. When you have finished, exit out of the ebook (close the window) so another student can access it.
- It may not be owned by the library
The ebook platform we use allows you to see ebooks the library does not yet own. You can preview these books for five minutes. You’ll then be prompted to ‘Request’. We will review if it is one we can make available for you.
Watch this short video for how to change settings in one of the Library's ProQuest ebooks to enable:
- Text only mode (for use with a text-to-speech reader),
- OpenDyslexic typeface.